Check out a preview of this ceramics curriculum here: Ceramics Curriculum Preview Pack
This semester curriculum pack includes everything I use to teach my high school level Introduction to Ceramics course. This course is perfect for middle school art and high school art class.
Included are 6 take-home projects plus, one collaborative project, a visual journal, sketchbook, activities, sketchbook assignments, critiques, and more to help students grasp the three-dimensional concepts for using clay. Through the course they are introduced to pinch pots, building with coils, slabs, adding texture, throwing on the pottery wheel, and more.
You will not have to plan a single day of class for an entire semester with this art lesson plan pack. Lessons in this curriculum are also included in my Introduction to Sculpture curriculum. If you are looking for a curriculum that isn’t solely clay-focused, check it out here.
Items included in this zip file:
- Semester-long timeline
- Get to Know you handout
- Accordion sketchbook
- Visual journal overview
- Intro to clay building project
- Pinch pot whistle project
- Collaborative relief project
- Coil vessel project
- Food traditions project
- Wheel thrown trio
- Final project-design your own
This lesson plan pack is also great to use in a middle school art class or the lessons could be taught in your own order mixed in with other art courses in later elementary art classes.
In total there are over 400 pages of handouts, lesson plans, PowerPoints, and everything you need to teach for a semester. If purchased individually this would cost $45.00. If purchased all together it only costs $36.00.
- Each of my classes builds on the last. This sculpture course builds on the lessons and techniques introduced in my Introduction to Art course. Check out the yearlong curriculum here.
- My painting class also builds on my Introduction to Art course, check out the semester-long curriculum bundle here.
- My Advanced 2D Design and AP Art classes build on the lessons and techniques taught in my painting class. Check out the next level in my Advanced curriculum (available at a bundled discount) here.
Check out my other products here.
All products are 100% made by me.