Are you looking for an inspired winter art project for your elementary art or middle school art students? This is a winter art lesson that introduces students to mixed media art, watercolor, and creating depth in landscapes. The results are beautiful, with every student achieving a successful work of art.
Perfect for a winter art lesson, your students will create snowy landscapes that focus on drawing trees and creating depth through placement, size, and overlapping. This visual art lesson is a 2-3 day project and is designed for elementary art and middle school art students in grades 2-7. This project includes two how-to-draw trees handouts and an easy-to-print poster with instructions to help walk your students through the assignment.
Included with this winter art project:
- Lesson plan (including essential questions, objectives, vocabulary, national standards, step-by-step instructions, and so much more)
- 3 PowerPoint (and PDF) presentations to give information, review, and display instructions for the day.
- Artist exemplar – Claude Monet
- 2 how to draw trees handouts
- A printable poster with step-by-step instructions and tips
- Project checklist
- Teacher notes for additional tips and information
❤️Your students will LOVE completing this fun and engaging winter art project! Your students are sure to succeed with the reference drawings and project guides. Plus, they can keep track of their work with the checklist included!
Students will create a winter landscape scene using a range of art supplies/tools.
❤️You will LOVE how easy this winter art lesson is to implement in your classroom. The lesson plan, presentation and project guides will help you teach your elementary art or middle school art students.
This product was created in collaboration with my amazing, wonderful mother, Anne Ward. She is a retired elementary art teacher of over 30 years. She has a wealth of knowledge in the art education field and still teaches private lessons, summer sessions, and acts as a resource for her former school county. My mom is the reason I became an art educator and now I am so excited to team up with her so she can help inspire other art teachers!
✅Take a closer look at this winter art project in the preview!
What teachers are saying…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “A perfect winter art project with a science tie-in. We had fun creating our winter tree landscapes. Thank you.” – Jessi W.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Easy to follow drawing directions!” – Jennifer T.
Looking for more art projects that are similar? Check these out!
- Rainbow roll-up landscape printmaking project here, a perfect pair to this assignment.
- Moody landscape project as an additional tree-focused assignment.
Check out more elementary products below:
There are no reviews yet.