This is an in-depth look at creating a watercolor landscape painting including a lesson and activities on practicing watercolor painting techniques. Perfect for an Intro to Painting class in middle school art or high school art classes. Through this watercolor landscape lesson, students learn various watercolor techniques and how to apply them to painting a watercolor landscape.
Not only will students learn important watercolor techniques, but they will also be encouraged to do it in a personal way by selecting an image of a landscape they have a personal connection to.
Introduction PowerPoint with:
- Artist exemplar
- Project info
- Basic watercolor techniques
- Landscape painting techniques
Lesson plan with:
- Project info
- Grading info
- National standards
- Sketchbook assignment
- Sketchbook guide
- Project checklist
- Critique sheet
- Watercolor techniques poster
- Landscape painting techniques poster
I include PowerPoint, Word docx, and PDFs of all my resources in one convenient zip file.
- Are you interested in more painting-based projects? Check out my painting class curriculum here.
- Do you need more advanced painting projects? Check out my painting II curriculum here.
- Are you looking for drawing and painting lessons for high school? Check out my advanced art curriculum here.
- Need enough painting projects for four semesters? Check out my painting mega bundle here.
Check out my other lesson plans here.