Check out a preview of this tar paper painting project here: Tar Paper Painting Preview Pack
Teach your upper elementary, middle school art, or high school art students about art history and art making in one project. This assignment focuses on the Sagrada Familia and Antoni Gaudi as inspiration for a stained glass design. The design is painted on tar paper using acrylic paint, a very cheap supply found at any hardware store.
This art project includes 2 activities, a sketchbook and color testing. It focuses on line, shape, and color theory. It serves as a perfect way to wrap up a unit on shape or color.
This lesson includes:
- Lesson plan (each lesson plan includes a big idea, essential questions, objectives, art standards, supply list, and a step-by-step breakdown on how to present this assignment.)
- 3 presentations (PowerPoint and PDF)
- Drawing brainstorm activity with sketches
- Color brainstorm activity
- Tar paper painting project guide
- Demo video
- Critique reflection
- Red light/green light critique activity
Check out my other products here.