This semester-long painting curriculum includes everything you need to teach every single day in your upper-middle school art or high school art class. Included are 6 projects with 7 take-home works of art. In addition, each lesson pack includes activities, sketchbook assignments, critiques, and more to help students grasp the painting concepts.
In this painting curriculum, students are introduced to acrylic, watercolor, oil, and mixed media techniques. You will not have to plan a single day of class for an entire semester with this art lesson plan pack.
All in all the following are included in this curriculum:
- Semester-long timeline
- Supply list
- Get to Know you handout
- 6 projects
- 7 take-home works of art
- 10 student handouts
- 1 teacher aid handouts
- 2 technology tie activities (optional activities include the use of an iPad and Photoshop. Photoshop or Pixlr can be swapped for the free program Pixlr).
- 9 lesson plans
- 12 PowerPoints
- 6 rubrics
- 5 grading checklists
- 5 critique sheets
The following projects are covered:
- Folder to sketchbook project
- Visual journal project
- Color mixing and color theory sketchbook project
- Abstract acrylic project
- Introduction to watercolor sketchbook lesson
- Watercolors and white space project
- Introduction to oil paint sketchbook and project
- Artist inspiration project
This lesson plan pack is also great to use in an 8th-grade or 8th-grade advanced level art course, a 2D Design course, or the lessons could be taught in your own order mixed in with drawing, sculpture, and other art lessons.
In total there are over 300 pages of handouts, lesson plans, PowerPoints, and everything you need to teach for a semester. If purchased individually this would cost $50.00. If purchased all together it only costs $40.00.
- Each of my classes builds on the last. This painting course builds on the lessons and techniques introduced in my Introduction to Art course and Drawing course. Check out the yearlong curriculum here. Check out my drawing course here.
- Check out my painting II curriculum here.
- My Advanced 2D Design and AP Art classes build on the lessons and techniques taught in my painting class. Check out the next level in my Advanced curriculum (available at a bundled discount) here.